Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sardo's in Burbank

This was my first time in Burbank. This was my first time to Sardo's Thanks Sue for the tip. Sardo's was great. It was in a mini mall with a grocery store attached to it. Apparently, since its located so close to Warner Brothers, this is where many "industry hang out." I was psyched to be there. As was Robin, the bartender guy from the Beauty Bar who immediately called my name before I could get one hand in the door. "Dude, Ted, What's up." I was kinda like, who are you man. He was like, "were you wasted last night?" I'm just going through my head, like what the fuck just happened, who are you, why are you talking to me, and why are you being so buddy buddy like we're dudes or something. I don't know man. He was all. I was the bartender last night. Ohhhhh...meanwhile JD and Leah were sitting there in the booth behind watching me go through this hilarious interaction with a table of dudes with goatees. Whateves. people seemed psyched there. I was pumped. I had my songs picked out as well. I snaked on some of JD's leftovers and polished off about 4 Beam and Sodas. Dave Leite showed up and brought two really drunk girls with him. They were pretty hilarious. Like that dazed drunk look from girls. That look is so nuts. You don't see that shit in Williamsburg! Ha! Great night. I attempted dreadlock holiday. Note to self. Don't do that song ever again. Then I think I did. Simply Red, I'll keep holding on after my brothers advice. Don't do that song either. It really is all about being wasted when you do Karaoke. You sing better. You get into it. I think the best Karaoke was in Louisville, KY. I grabbed a payphone midway through Heart of rocknroll and pretended to call someone. Like New York, Cleveleand, shouting into the phone like it was the mic. That was true showmanship!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home